ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3800
Released June, 2008
The Pros:CrossFireX technology/Run up to four cards simultaneously for increased power. 256-bit GDDR3 memory. Microsoft Direct X 10.1 support/PCI Express 2.0 support.
The ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3800 is a top of the line mobile computer graphics and video card that plays Blu-ray DVDs and other HD videos at 1080p resolution and has a 256-bit GDDR3 memory interface. Full Microsoft Direct X 10.1 support is featured in this series as well as the efficient 55nm core technology and hardware-based Unified Video Decoder for H.264/AVC and VC-1 video formats.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
This frees up your CPU by handling the decoding itself; gaming and other video applications run smoother and faster which is further benefited by PCI Express 2.0 support which doubles the throughput over the previous version for maximum data transfer. 512-bit internal ring bus makes a more balanced running card by evenly distributing data requests, a feature also found on the Mobility Radeon HD 3600 (256-bit) but not on the entry model 3400. Announced on June 4, 2008, this card is the first to offer ATI CrossFireX technology which lets you run up to four cards together for an accelerated performance, although a compatible motherboard would be needed.
- 666 million transistors on 55nm fabrication process
- 256-bit GDDR3 memory interface
- ATI CrossFireX™ Multi-GPU technology
- Unified Superscalar Shader Architecture
- Microsoft DirectX 10.1
- OpenGL 2.0
- Native PCI Express 2.0 x16 bus interface
- ATI Avivo HD Video and Display architecture
- ATI PowerPlay 7.0 power management technology
- Dedicated unified video decoder (UVD) for H.264/AVC and VC-1 video formats
- High definition (HD) playback of both Blu-ray and HD DVD formats
- Hardware MPEG-1, MPEG-2, and DivX video decode acceleration
- Two independent display controllers Drive two displays simultaneously with independent resolutions, refresh rates, color
- Two integrated dual-link DVI display outputs
- Two integrated DisplayPort outputs
- HDMI output support
- Supports display resolutions up to 1920x10801
- Integrated HD audio controller with up to 2 channel 48 kHz stereo or multi-channel (5.1) AC3 supporting Dolby Digital or DTS, enabling a plug-and-play cable-less audio solution
User Reviews (1)
CrossFireX technology/Run up to four cards simultaneously for increased power
Microsoft Direct X 10.1 support/PCI Express 2.0 support
Play Blu-ray and HD at 1080p
You may also like...