ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3600
Released March, 2008
The Pros:GDDR4 memory (128-bit). Bus ring controller @ 256-bit. Plays Blu-ray and HD content at full 1080p.
The ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3600 is a video and graphics card for mobile computers with full Microsoft Direct X 10.1 support for compatibility with a range of advanced video games and other applications.
PCI Express 2.0 doubles the maximum data transfer rate from 250MB/s in the previous version 1.0 and is standard in the series as well as the hardware-based Unified Video Decoder (UVD) for H.264/AVC and VC-1 video formats which frees up your computer by handling the decoding internally. Two independent display controllers let you run two monitors at once, each with thier own resolutions, refresh rates, color controls and video overlays. Upon it's release in early 2008, this card was the first to use 128-bit GDDR4 memory and also(along with the 3800) has been implemented with a ring bus memory controller with a 256-bit capacity for more efficient operation and even request handling. The core is made with 378 million transistors using 55nm fabrication process and an ATI technology called PowerPlay 7.0 is common in the series for cutting down power usage and extending battery life.
- 378 million transistors using 55nm fabrication process
- 128-bit DDR2/GDDR3/GDDR4 memory interface
- Unified Superscalar Shader Architecture
- Microsoft DirectX 10.1
- OpenGL 2.0
- Native PCI Express 2.0 x16 bus interface
- ATI Avivo HD Video and Display architecture
- ATI PowerPlay 7.0 power management technology
- Dedicated unified video decoder (UVD) for H.264/AVC and VC-1 video formats
- High definition (HD) playback of both Blu-ray and HD DVD formats
- Hardware MPEG-1, MPEG-2, and DivX video decode acceleration
- Two independent display controllers Drive two displays simultaneously with independent resolutions, refresh rates, color
- Two integrated dual-link DVI display outputs
- Two integrated DisplayPort outputs
- HDMI output support
- Supports display resolutions up to 1920x10801
- Integrated HD audio controller with up to 2 channel 48 kHz stereo or multi-channel (5.1) AC3 supporting Dolby Digital or DTS, enabling a plug-and-play cable-less audio solution
User Reviews (1)
Bus ring controller @ 256-bit
Plays Blu-ray and HD content at full 1080p
You may also like...